Let’s be honest, it’s a bit of a gloomy day in beautiful Burlington North Carolina. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have a bright spot in store for this rainy Sunday. That’s right, you’ve guessed it, it’s time for another edition of the CrossFit Simplicity Weekly Rundown. Has there ever been a more important or more critical Rundown than today’s? Maybe, but if so we can’t remember when. Make sure you read every line and hang on every word of this monumental Rundown. Brace yourself because below you will find important details you could never live without, and sage like wisdom you never knew you needed. We have some very important announcements ahead and a great theme filled with all of your favorite Christmas treats. So without further ado let’s dive headfirst into this thing and start another week here at CFS!
- Christmas Party: Thank you so much to everyone who came out to celebrate with us! We had an amazing time! If you missed the party just know that we missed you as well!
- Christmas Spirit Week: We are going to have a little Christmas spirit in the gym this week in the form of special theme days. Monday will be “Socking Around the Christmas Tree”, Tuesday will be “Deck the Hats”, and Wednesday will “Making Sweaters Bright.” If you can’t guess what that means, it basically means wear your favorite Christmas socks to class on Monday, your best Christmas hat on Tuesday, and your favorite Christmas sweater on Wednesday…don’t worry you can take it off for the workout!
- 15 Days for $15: we are running an awesome promotion to help people try out CrossFit simplicity for the first time and fall in love with this amazing community you all have built! To help us do that we would love for you guys to refer your friends and family that may be on the fence and need that extra nudge. Each person you refer entered your name into a drawing to win a free month for yourself at CrossFit Simplicity! We already have some referrals so keep up the good work!
- Christmas Schedule: Wednesday normal classes, Thursday 8am and 9:15am classes, Friday closed, Saturday limited open gym hours (announced soon)
- Christmas Cheer Family: Just one last time I want to say thank you to each and everyone of you for your amazing generosity this year. We successfully provided for our largest Christmas to your family ever. Be on the lookout for some pictures soon!
- CFS Joggers: This is your last day to order CFS joggers! Email email@example.com
Monday: (Socking Around the Christmas Tree: Wear your best christmas socks!) All you mint lovers will enjoy today’s workout called, “Peppermint Patties.” We all know that the York peppermint patty is the ultimate king of mint patties. But what is the king of burpees? Today it will be the bar facing burpee so we hope you enjoy this variety! We will be throwing these into an 18 minute AMRAP today. You have some pretty heavy squat cleans, some bar facing burpees, pull-ups, and finally sit ups. This is a super well rounded workout with a nice ascending rep scheme. Typically we don’t love these but in today’s workout it flows nicely. You’re harder movements have less reps and you’re easier and faster movements have more reps, making this an easy one to chip through mentally. Of course as always we would love to see some consistency across all your rounds. Because the squat clean weight is Moderate here you’ll probably want to approach it with steady singles. It shouldn’t be more than around 60 or 65% of your one rep max though. Have fun with this one today because tomorrow we one rep max our back squat!
Tuesday: (Deck the Hats: Wear your favorite Christmas hat!) This is the moment you’ve all been waiting for! We have built up, deloaded, built up, and deloaded again… Now it’s time to test our one rep max back squat! Take your favorite pre-workout, probably have to go take a poop, and then take your best shot at a heavy single today! All jokes aside, this is the culmination of our strength cycle so we want you guys to come into class with some positive energy and some great form. Remember to fight to stay upright in the bottom keep a good position, and then keep driving those legs all the way out! After this we’ll hit “Candy Canes.” This one will be for rounds with a two minute rest interval. Each round will consist of bike/row calories, alternating dumbbell snatches, and jumping air squats. Think of these as miniature sprint rounds. The target time for each set is between three and four minutes and we will have a five minute time cap! Intensity should be pretty high for these today with the ever present goal of consistency throughout each round or maybe even some negative splits! Trust your rest and hit the next round hard. Easy day.
Wednesday: (Making Sweaters Bright: Wear your favorite Christmas sweater!) Like yesterday, we will be testing for the end of our strength cycle. Today we will be doing a one rep max strict press. Make sure you are taking the word “strict” very literally. There should be absolutely no bend or dip in the hips or knees during this movement. Unrack your bar, stand tall, squeeze your butt and core, and then drive overhead using only your arms and shoulders. After this we will have a little bit of “Christmas Fudge.” But not the kind you’re thinking of. This will be two rounds of row calories, front rack double dumbbell lunges, and toes to bar. The intensity will be moderate today as we work through these rounds. You’ll need some strategic reps games to avoid burnout on the toes to bar so be mindful of that. More than anything this workout is all about steady consistent work with fast turnaround on the rest to get back in the game! Good stuff!
Thursday: Merry Christmas Eve! We will have an abbreviated schedule today with only two classes. One at 8 AM and one at 9:15 AM. You’ll have the option to hit the 12 Days of Christmas workout or the 12 Barbells of Christmas workout. Both of these are awesome pieces so just get after it and have fun! These are a great way to burn some calories before all those holiday treats!
Friday: Merry Christmas! No classes today! Enjoy the day with your friends and family!
Saturday: We will have some abbreviated open gym hours that we will announce by Friday at the latest!
This is arguably the best week of the year at CrossFit Simplicity. It’s so amazing to have everyone together and celebrating the Christmas spirit and this amazing community! We have some really awesome workouts ahead of us this week and especially the culmination of our strength cycle with these one rep max days. Also please take a couple seconds to go back up and read through the announcements. We have so many important things going on right now and so much to tell you guys about! Hope you guys are enjoying what’s left of this weekend even though it’s a little bit gloomy. Maybe it’s a great day to stay inside, put on a Christmas movie, and rest up for that one rep max back squat on Tuesday. Merry Christmas and see you all in class!